Pioneer 10 Workshop - Facebook for Business Masterclass
Thursday 14th September, 9am-12.30pm at Mansfield i-Centre
If you have used Facebook pages before and are looking for a more effective way to turn likes into business, then this is for you!
This Facebook for Business Workshop is interactive and enagaging and our Trainer - Lindsey Newman-Wood, will be sharing real life examples of how businesses are using Facebook as a sales tool.
For more information and to book your place, go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/masterclass-facebook-for-business-tickets-36603989518?aff=SM
Mansfield i-Centre is helping to find the next Scale-up Star of the Future. A nationwide competition has been launched by Oxford Innovation, who manage this centre, to mark their 30th anniversary of supporting ambitious businesses across the UK.
The nationwide competition has been created to identify the next generation of high-growth businesses. The winners can choose a tailored package in-line with their requirements and what support is needed. The unique offering includes:
- private/shared/lab/virtual workspace up to the value of £5,000 (offering current Mansfield i-Centre customers a discount on their existing tenancy)
- business coaching which will be delivered locally by expert consultants who are part of the Oxford Innovation network
- and opportunity to pitch to investors.
Any SME registered in the UK is eligible to apply no matter what stage they are at.
Sally Wharton, Centre Manager said: “There are a number of exciting small businesses in this area with growth potential and it really would be fantastic to see home-grown talent in the top three of the Scale-up Stars of the Future competition. I’d strongly urge people who are looking to scale-up their business to enter to benefit from professional support and Oxford Innovation’s 30 years of supporting business growth.”
Oxford Innovation has helped over 10,000 SMEs to become sustainable businesses since renowned entrepreneurs, Martin and Audrey Wood, founded the company in 1987. The husband and wife team also co-founded Oxford Instruments and The Oxford Trust.
According to a report* from innovation foundation, NESTA, just 6% of high growth companies generated over half of the UK’s employment growth.
Sally Wharton added: “We’re excited to discover the next generation of scale-up stars who will create jobs and help to strengthen the economy in this area in addition to ensuring the UK is at the forefront of innovation.”
To enter the Scale-up Stars of the Future competition, businesses are required to complete an online application form and submit a short three-minute video summarising the business, innovation, growth plans and how you could benefit from Oxford Innovation’s support. The deadline for entry is 1 September 2017. To enter or find out more, visit oxin.co.uk.
* NESTA report that looks at the role of fast-growth companies in the UK
Chair of D2N2 & Tramlink Nottingham awarded OBE
Peter Richardson, Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List, which was announced on June 17th.
He has received the OBE (Order of the British Empire) honour “for services to enterprise and growth in Nottingham”.
Peter was the lead Judge in our Pioneer 10 Enterprise competition last year, and his support in selecting and guiding our successful Pioneers is greatly appreciated.
The team at Mansfield i-Centre would like to congratulate Peter on this well-deserved award in recognition for his support for enterprise.
Here he is with Billie-Anne Warriner, winner of Best New Business Pioneer, at the Pioneer 10 final in March 2017.
Oxford Innovation Reaches a Special Milestone.
This year marks an important year for Oxford Innovation, as we celebrate 30 years of supporting ambitious entrepreneurs.
We have an outstanding track record of success in incubating and accelerating high growth SMEs through our network of Innovation Centres, the provision of specialist coaching services and funding through our well-established investor networks.
Driving Innovation since 1987
Martin and Audrey Wood, inspired by the challenges faced by entrepreneurs, set up The Oxford Trust, a charity which continues to support enterprises and through which Oxford Innovation was born in 1987.
Over the past 30 years, we have supported over 10,000 SMEs to become sustainable businesses, creating high value jobs, innovative products and services and as a result, enhanced local economies.
Scale-up Stars of the Future - Business Competition
To celebrate this special milestone we are running a national competition, Scale-up Stars of the Future, to identify the next generation of exciting growth businesses. The competition is open to any UK-registered SME requiring business support to help achieve their high-growth ambitions. Winners will receive a tailored business support package which could include, but not limited to:
- Diagnostic analysis of the business model
- Up to 30 hours of professional coaching
- Introductions to investors
- Potential for SEIS/EIS investment
- Incubation Support
The entry deadline is 14th August 2017.
- Understanding Basic Employment Law Workshop
- Pioneer 10 crowns Nottinghamshire’s top business pioneers
- Finalists revealed in quest for Innovation champions
- Youtube & Video
- Export Hub - Department of International Trade
- Teachers UK - Christmas Cuppa
- David Smith - Chamber of Commerce article
- David Smith - Chamber of Commerce
- Performance workshop: the art of professional presentation
- Evidence-based marketing: communication that works.
- Small Business Saturday 3rd December
- Small Business Saturday
- Invest Ashfield & Mansfield hosts first Business Expo and Meet the Buyer event
- Grants - How to Identify and Win Funding for Your Business
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Facebook Workshop - Delivered by Passion Marketing
- Invitation to China Investment Summit
- Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Want to keep up to date?
- Ingenuity Events in Partnership with The University of Nottingham